Friday, January 19, 2007

Leaving the Hospital

Hi Everybody!

We get to leave the hospital today and return to the Ronald McDonald House. Also, I have to have a feeding tube stuck down my nose into my tummy. Hummm. I guess it has it's benefits, as I won't have the urge to stick a straw down my nose when I get older .... maybe .... :-)

The tube is so that I can still receive milk, even when I'm not wanting to eat the old fashioned way. I am still eating at my speed ... some times I'm hungry, sometimes I'm not. Mommy has been trained in the fine art of inserting the feeding tube. She's hoping I don't do something silly and try and play with it. She really doesn't like the procedure. I guess I don't care for it that much either. It isn't harmful or hurtful, I just don't like it. So I fuss about it, which I think is why Mommy doesn't like the 'install' procedure, either. :-) So, we'll work together to keep it in where it belongs.

They say I might need the feeding tube for as much as a month. However, we are praying and believing that it won't be for that long. Having the tube really isn't that big of a bother. I can do whatever I want, aside from yank on it. Mommy has been putting little socks on my hands to help me remember not to pull on it. (You know, having hands and fingers is pretty cool. I'm just starting to figure them out .... sort of ... and this tube thing is rather irresistable as a play thing to grab at.)

Hey, I even get to start taking baths now. Cool, huh?! No more spit baths. :-) Looking forward to the splishing and splashing.

We'll let you know more pretty soon. Thanks for your prayers. Don't forget to write Mommy and Daddy a little note now and again.

- Reid

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Petersons! Glad to hear Reid is doing better. I'm sure the feeding tube is no fun for anyone, but we'll be praying it's a very temporary thing.

You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Kristy Pancoast & family

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you all!! You are in our prayers.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hey there Reid and Tami!

I just want you to know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers! We are missing you guys so much. Hugs and kisses sent your way!
Auntie Chelle, Uncle Tim and kids