Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Day After

Transplant, from the call, to landing in Seattle, wait thru surgery, to recovery I.C.U. WOW! Mom crashed & burned. She hardly ate or slept the whole time. Nurses sent her home last night to sleep w/ Mom & Rikki at Ronald McDonald House. It must be hard being Mom, Dad did all his freaking out & crying during this whole thing were no one could see me. (Smart Man) "I am an Oak", Ha Ha! When they gave us the surgery update that one of the main arteries was needing fixed & taking a little longer, BUT every thing was O.K., that was hard. Just picking up that last phone call my hand was shaking one the next call for the update. I felt like shouting for joy when they told me he was on his way to I.C.U. & everything looks great.

After Tami went to Ronald McDonald House I slept till 6 am. He was so cute, allot of tubes already gone, I went back to sleep CRASHED till 10 am! The nurse said I snored the whole time, LOUD. Woke up to them doing a ultrasound to check that artery they repaired before they removed the ventilator tube for his breathing. Mom showed back up just in time for that, plus one of his little arms had the I.V. removed so know she can hold his hand. (He is still sleeping on meds thou). Going to make sure wife eats & sleeps today, catches up & enjoys the Super Trooper Reid! Pray the beds get softer & the tubes get less & less. This is all a miracle, PRAISE GOD! Gave DR. Heiley our surgeon a hug, after he came back to give us his personal update. Indebted forever!

Thank you everyone for your prayers, gotta give Terri a hard time for not calling Kevin & Donna, But I teased Kevin for not checking the Blog. We feel the love & support of everyone, your Awesome. Thank you!

Dad, Mom, & Reid.

P.S. I will be getting some of these pics to Jenny soon to post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Ginger called this am/pm and told us the news--I hadn't checked the blog yesterday. This is so wonderful--we're all thrilled beyond words. Get some food, some sleep, and some hugs and SMILE a whole lot.

Aunt Renate, Uncle Gordy and the gang.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for Reid! Mom and Dad need to take care of themselves as well...

Will be checking the blog on a regular basis.
Take care,
Hawaiian Auntie Suzy

Anonymous said...

Glad things are so positive. Please take care of yourselves. Our hearts have been with you, we didn't sleep well either thurs, and Fri you were constantly foremose on our minds and in our prayers. God's will be done is all we can ask for. God bless you all
Allen and cindy

Anonymous said...

This is the first I have heard since Reid was born. I didn't realize he was having medical issues. David & Tami...I am so happy for you! Reid has been a blessing to you and I'm sure he will continue to be. I am so glad to hear he has come through this tough time. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Tam, So glad to get your call... spent the remainder of my drive to work in tears (HAPPY TEARS!). Will continue to pray for you all...and rejoice in the blessings coming your way!! Love to you all- Kathi

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we've been praying for your family, and we will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. looking forward to you coming home. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas, your family never left our thoughts or prayers.----Dave, we were out of town when you called, Matt got to hunt the last couple days of pheasant season, he said it was great!! Stay strong, get some sleep, and try to relax!!!
---Brandee