Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Feeding Tube Adventures & Our Address

Hi Everybody!

Well, today I did it. That's right. I successfully, COMPLETELY, pulled out that feeding tube. I can't say Mommy was excited about it. However, I did such a good job, that she didn't try and re-insert it. Mommy said that if I had just tugged it out of place a little bit, she could have put it back in place. But since I totally removed the whole thing, she's going to leave it out for now. I don't blame her. The whole feeding tube insert procedure is not very fun for either one of us.

Not only that, but ... I'm gaining weight! That's right. The doctors had said that the tube could probably come out on Thursday. So, I just took it out 2 days early. :-) I guess, originally, they had said I might need to leave the feeding tube in for as much as a month. However, I'm gaining weight like a good little boy. Mommy thinks my tummy just needed a little jump-start. So, hopefully, at this point, we can just forget about the feeding tube.

Oh, at one time someone had asked what size clothes I wear, as they were wanting to send a little something my way. As of right now, I'm wearing size '3-6 months'. I can receive packages at the following address: Reid Peterson c/o Ronald McDonald House, 5000 40th Ave NE #C102, Seattle , WA. 98105.

Now, Mommy says we might be here for just a few more weeks. So, if you are planning to send something our way, AND you are going to wait a week or so, you might double check the blog site to make sure our plans haven't changed.

Thanks for all of your love and encouragement.

- Reid

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a trooper--Reid is quit the guy!! Way to go on the weight gain!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GUY...TAKING OVER THE DOC'S JOB AND REMOVING UNWANTED TUBES! GLAD TO HEAR THINGS ARE GOING SO EXCITINGLY WELL...ANOTHER SIGN OF GOD'S BLESSING AND LOVE. TAM-SORRY FOR THE CELL PHONE CUT OUT THE OTHER DAY...I'LL CALL AGAIN IN A DAY OR TWO...WHEN I FINALLY WAKE UP FROM A LONG NAP FOLLOWING EXTRA SHIFTS AT WORK. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU, KATHI

justus6 said...

Hey Guy's, Glad things are going well. You are never far from our thoughts and always in our prayers. You're such a blessing and are bringing so much encouragement to the rest of the world.

Love you!!
bj & family