Tuesday, January 9, 2007

God is SO Good

Good morning world!

We've had a morning full of smiles to overshadow a fussy, busy, rough night for me, Mommy and some very special nurses. Mommy will probably never reprimand me for passing gas when I get older. It will be music to her ears. Yeah!! :-)

The morphine causes my system to go to sleep and the gas pressure to build up. NOT FUN!! The nurses put the air hose back through my nose into my tummy, which helped, and so did turning me on my side. And then I smiled at Mommy and for some reason she started to cry. Nana says it's because she's happy.

We are having a great morning and getting the drain tubes removed from my tummy, because as soon as a room is available, we will leave ICU. Hurray!! We will let everyone know as soon as we can what room we are in.

There has been talk of my being discharged some time NEXT WEEK from the hospital. Then we'll go to cousin Shawnee's for awhile, because I still have check-ups.

Everybody here is smiling a lot. Hope we can cause you to smile, too! Mommy is holding me now, just what I've been waiting for!! Thank you, God!

Reid

PS: These people here are crazy ... including my Nana and my Mommy ... cheering and hollering ... because I just filled my diaper! ( ... really filled my diaper.) Note ...this is a POOPY diaper ... big, dark, stinky, poop. But hey, what can I say? I had to make up for the last 4 months! ... These guys are nuts. ;-)

5 comments:

Tami and Dave said...

Dad came back to the room when they were changing the diaper. Me & Nana had to take a pic of his DARK colored pooh, first normal pooh, will probly not post this one on the blog.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I thought I took some pretty unsual pictures--you have me beat!!! Way to go Reid--the digestive track is working and you'll really grow now. Hang in there mom & dad and get sleep when you can. I'm pretty good at sleeping in an upright position--I bet you guys are too. Lots of love from us in Iowa. R & G

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! for big, dark, stinky, poop!! Praising God with you! What a blessing!! I smile everytime I think of you Reid. Tell mommy and daddy to get some rest. Sending lots of love and prayers your way. -bj

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to know how well Reid is doing and makes what we do so worthwhile. Thank you for sharing your website with us!

The Transplant Coordinators
Organ Donor Center of Hawaii

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Reid is doing so well! This is Jeannine ... an old school friend of Tim & Michelle's. I'm living in the Seattle area and if you need anything don't hesitate to call me. (425) 765-7000