Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY - 2007!

Today is New Year's Day! I am so excited! I have just experienced my first Christmas and New Years! This is so much fun. There is so much to be thankful for and so much to celebrate, as the new year holds so much promise.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 says, "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, ' declares the Lord, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.'

There is so much hope and assurance found in the Scriptures. As you read through the above verse, can you see all the hope and promise? Hope for me, hope for my family, and hope for you.

Romans 8:26-28 says, "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

We are seeing so many answers to prayer, as the days go passing by. We are experiencing the love and compassion of our community. We are finding joy in the little things, as well as the big things. We are seeing God's faithfulness every day.

Romans 8:38-39 says, "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Victory No.1: Since we wrote last, I have a new pediatrician. She is so awesome. She is located in Whitefish, MT. My mommy and daddy really like her, too. She has been so kind and helpful and she is totally available to me, whenever I need her. Isn't that awesome?! Having a good pediatrician is such a comfort to my mommy and me.

Victory No. 2: We've been featurered on the local TV stations! The news stations of Missoula and Kalispell have shared our story!! Isn't that cool?! I'm a new child star from the Flathead Valley. Now we've shared our story on TV, radio and in the newspaper.

Victory No. 3: I even heard that there was a teacher and class of students who want to donate money to our special fund at Glacier Bank. (Reid Peterson Fund) I heard it one morning on 'The Bear' (KDBR 106.3 FM). The nice teacher called in and said that their class had collected monies for a charity and that they heard about my needing a liver and that they wanted to send their donation to us. Isn't that cool?!

Victory No. 4: I'm doing good. I'm eating and sleeping and pooping and growing. I'm now 4 months old!! Mommy and daddy have been so very careful in providing a healthy environment. It is so important that I don't get sick. I know that they have probably had to say 'no' to some fun holiday invitations because of my special needs. I bet they even had to miss seeing many of you over the holidays. However, it is important and I am sure you understand. Thank you for your patience as we work together toward the goal.

Romans 15:13 says, "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

We are getting ready for THE phone call and plane ride to Seattle. Mommy has been busy packing throughout the holidays. We need to be ready to leave at a moment's notice. She says it is hard to plan ahead for a 3-month trip. How do you pack 3-months worth of clothes, for three people, and still have something for each of us to wear around the house?? At least we have some cool new luggage!! Mommy also has to remember to have extra cash, vitamins, diapers, dog food, and doggie medicine put aside. I don't know how she does it. We have our 'right now / take on the plane' bags, our 'drive this up to Seattle' bags, AND our 'take to grandma's with the doggies' bags.

We are so excited because people are making donations into our account for medical expenses. There are so SO so many things that we are paying for and will have to pay for by ourselves. Every little bit helps. It helps us stay 'current' with previous medical bills, it helps us prepare for future medical bills, and it relieves the stress of the financial unknown. There are so many expenses. Thank you all so much for your gifts and prayers. They mean so VERY much.

Romans 5:1-5 says, "Therefore , having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Happy New Year
Reid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tami, David and Reid,
I'm so glad that you sent the Christmas time email!!!...We had been unaware of what has been going on with Reid, and we send our love and prayers your way.
Best wishes in the new year and we trust that you will get "the Call" in His perfect timing!
Love you and God Bless,
Angela, Derrick and the boys