Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Photos & Cool Updates

Greetings from Seattle and the Ronald McDonald House!


Mommy and I are doing so good!! In fact, things are looking so good that we might actually be coming HOME to Montana next week!! Yippy!

Hey, be sure and take a few minutes to look over the NEW pictures we've posted on this blog site. Can you see how much I've grown?? I've got hair, too!! We've also added some neat pictures to this post, showing you some of the cool sights.




As for the details you have all been waiting for, I am proud to say that last week I weighed in at a whopping 13 pounds and 8 ounces!! Is that cool or what? I'm still using the feeding tube and getting pretty comfortable with it. Mommy says that she only suppliments about 100 ml per day, which equals about 3 1/2 ounces per day. I have to take medicine every day, too. Mommy says that she is able to put some of the meds down the feeding tube, as well, which is totally fine by me. :-)

I'm currently wearing 3-6 month old clothes. Actually, I think I'll out grow these soon. Right now, I'm in a 6 month old size shirt and 3 month old size pants. Mommy's having to start looking around for some 6-9 month old sizes. Isn't that SO cool. :-)

As for my busy schedule, I go to the lab two times a week ... Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I also go for doctor's visits on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. We are hoping that at this Thursday, the doctors will be so impressed with my rapid healing and growing, that they will send us HOME. So, we are making some preparations. Assuming all goes well, Grandpa and Dad will drive up on Friday and then we'll all head for Montana on Saturday. Be sure to visit the blog over the next few days as we keep you updated.


Oh, and for all of you sentimental types, I am now rolling over. It's kinda fun. Also, my legs are getting stronger. When Mommy holds me up, I can stand. I also like to sit up quite a bit. It's a fun new adventure. I guess it interfers with my medical exams, but who wants to be on their back when they have the power to sit up!!! Mommy says I'm giggling a lot more, too. There is SO much to be happy about.

See you all real soon. Thanks for your love and prayers. Have an AWESOME day tomorrow, as you celebrate Valentines Day!!
- Reid

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great news, Reid! You and your parents must be so thrilled. We'll be praying you really do get to come home soon.

Great new pics. You're a doll!

God Bless,

Kristy Pancoast and family

Anonymous said...

What a blessing it is to watch this little boy grow and become what God intended him to. He is your miracle baby in more ways than one. Think of how much stronger your faith is now that God carried you through this. I know that my faith has been strenghthened reading these updates. Thanks to the Daily Interlake for putting this link in their website. I was checking on things "back home" and found a true love story to follow here in the Seattle area.

ray family said...

tami, it was soooo fabulous to run into you on tuesday at childrens! im so thrilled to hear that reid is doing soooooo GREAT! :) what a blessing! ive enjoyed this site so much and was so excited to see you added to it a couple days ago!
your story has been such an inspiration to my family and i...
reid is doing all sorts of new tricks, how exciting! :] they say after transplant they start getting all sorts of new energy and learn all sorts of new tricks!!
you guys are amazing!! what troopers!
although this has been such a long haul...god couldnt have chosen a better family to stick by their baby and get thru it...you've done so well!!
i hope to chat with you soon...as it seems i wont be bumping into you anymore since you're on your way HOME!!! exciting!!!
all our love and prayers...
mandi ray.

Anonymous said...

You know you guys are going to have to keep Reid's blog going forever. We'll all want to know his first steps, his first words, his first everything. He has got to be one of the cutest lil' bugs around. Your story is one of GOD'S miracles in action. Thanks for sharing it with us all. I can not say in words what is in my heart about your miracle, but know this, it has made my love GROW for our LORD and Savior. And your lil' guy is a part of HIS plan to speak love to us all!!! GOD BLESS REID!!
And as He is blessing Reid, you guys (mon and dad) get to share in the sweetness.

Anonymous said...

Picture #6 is my favorite--what a smile:) Gordy and I are thrilled to hear your good news. I check the blog daily...he looks to hugable and his eyes are soooo bright. Enjoy.Enjoy. Enjoy.