Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Good Morning! Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning!

Today is Tuesday. We have been here at Children's Hospital for a week now. Wow. So much has happened in one week. I bet my week has been more exciting and more busy than that of anyone else I know in the Flathead Valley. This big city hospital life is pretty crazy.

I thought you might like to know that I have gained 4 ounces since I got here! I am now 11 pounds and 9 ounces. When I was born I weighed 5 pounds and 7 ounces, which is roughly the same weight as a Barnett Wildcat C5 crossbow. It weighs 5.9 lbs, features a lightweight composite stock, a thumbhole grip, vented quad limbs, and the "Veloci-Speed" high energy wheel assembly.

Hummm. I wonder if the doctors think I am made out a composite stock, with a thumbhole grip and vented quad limbs ... the way they had me all wired up the last few days. However, I am happy to say that all tubes and wires have been removed, except the oxygen sensor and the IV in my groin. (I can say that word because I am a boy!) They removed the catheter and feeding tube. I am so excited.

Hummm. Maybe I am like a "Veloci-Speed" high energy wheel assembly. Emphasis on high energy! (My mystery writer who types this for me is saying, ... "A high speed what????". She obviously is not versed in the proper archery lingo. I wonder if she even knows what a real "RedHead" is. Just kidding. ) I really am feeling better.

My tummy is alot better. It is not all bloated and extended anymore. I slept through most of the night last night. Although Mommy and Auntie Rikki were rudely awakened by a loud fire alarm at about 3:00 AM. Apparently the hospital is still under construction in some of the other wings. I also slept through the ultrasound. I wasn't too impressed with the little EKG stickers and all the little alligator clips.

Yesterday I had an echo-cardiogram of my heart. The doctors still have to tell Mommy and Daddy how that went. I guess I have several more tests to take before we can go home. There is an evalution process which includes diagnostic tests, lab tests and consults with various providers. Tests include a pelvic X-ray to look at my hips, knees and bones. There is also a doppler abdominal ultrasound and a CT of the abdomen. I have to have blood work done as well as .... get this ... dental exams! I am told that all of the results help the doctors plan for connecting the new liver during the transplant. Hummm. I am wondering how my teeth ... or lack of teeth ... will effect the surgery.

Mommy and Daddy also have stuff to do. I bet they didn't realize that they would have to go back to school so soon. hee hee. They have to go through transplant education, nutritional education and meet with social workers. There is a lot we still have to do before we can come home.

Please pray for Mommy and Daddy and me. We miss our doggies, our family and our friends. There is a significant lack of camo, ducks, dogs and that good 'ole Montana country living. I know you are all getting ready for Thanksgiving. I am told that this is a time of great feasting and family. I am not sure if I'm able to taste a little of that gourmet Gerber Turkey and Gravy baby food yet. You'll have to try it for me and let me know what you think. Hey, I have an idea. Eat a jar of Turkey baby food for me, then clean out the jar and put a little something special in the jar for my mommy and daddy. You can give it to them when we get home. Wouldn't that be funny. Then they'll know you were thinking of them over the holidays.

Say a prayer for us, and know we are VERY thankful for you and your prayers and kind notes. Mommy and Daddy are keeping them all in a special place. Each kind word means so much.

Reid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami, David and Reid

I think of you so much. I look at your pictures every day and I am so thankful for every bit of good news. I pray for you often and I am confident that our Father Above is completely in control.

I am learning ... every day, it seems ... that the Great Mystery keeps us so close to His heart, that even when we are striving and anxious about His will and His timing, that He is at peace and confident that all is unfolding as He intended.

Today I was talking to a friend of mine and the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart. He said that many people run to Jesus and run to Abba Father while in distress, or in anger or in confusion. Many others run away from God. There are very few who run to His feet for the simple reason that they are safe there. When we run to God, seeking that place of pure and complete safety, it blesses His heart and makes Him smile. I wonder if it even brings a tear to His eyes. How we, as flesh and blood, long for people to fin safety in our embrace ... or we long to find safety in someone else's embrace. How much more God wants us to feel safe and secure in His embrace.

May you find the comfort and safety you seek in His arms. Everything else will fall into place according to His great purpose.

I love you and miss you!

Jeny